I'm playing this tournament with a good friend, but a very different person... he's very difficult to play with--always kind of saying things, but astonishingly--unbelievable--I learned something.
1) me the man with the hands--those are called volleys son. needs to poach more, i'm too placid, too uninvolved--we had major disagreement on poaching--my partner varies his serve speed a lot so I was misjudging when to go--he was getting mad at me... and saying things, and I'm like um dude--you got to tell me when you're going to serve the lolly pop and the heater, because the pacing makes my move different--normally, i go when the serve is struck, but his kicker is too slow, and he's right, I have to go when the ball is coming up--but then, sometimes he hits a flattie, and then, i can't get there in time. ANNOYING...
2) I need to bunt my return--best line, if you miss three returns in a row, you have to do something different. that's really smart... DAMN. I should have known that one myself...wtf.
3) serve spin serves and come in... FRACK. I knew this, but it's been awhile since I did it. I held serve everytime but once today...aWEsome!
4) turn my hips on my forehand. Frack. i know this one but I don't do this one... wtf.
it's funny that he's so opposite of me that it's irritating but it makes me better, but sooner or later, he's going to annoy me with his lil comments, and i'm going to say to him...shut the F up... :D :D :D
- Gary Hi10spro Sakuma
- Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
- I have played for 25 years and coached for the last 17 years--certified United States Professional Tennis Association Professional One--worked for Punahou Schools-voted the #1 Sports School in the United States, as a Program Supervisor, in charge of coaching the High Performance Players as well as coordinating programs for K-12 and Tennis Pro Education.
Ebook Sale $9.99 Three for $19.99
Hawaii Tennis Pro presents SIMPLE TENNIS his How to Play Singles, How to Play Doubles, and The Tennis Book of Plays-- THREE Ebooks for only $19.99 plus 7% tax. 130 pages and counting. one year of free updates plus video links with simple explanations.
it will be sent via email to you and when we update it, we update your copy for one year. Nearly every page has clear diagrams and pictures to help with your understanding. Difficult topics have a video link for added understanding. Hawaii Tennis Pro Tennis for everyone. Covers mental toughness, match preparation, practice techniques to work on the shot and shot selections